Greg Stekelman (aka TheManWhoFellAsleep) has been collecting snippets of conversation he has overheard on the London Underground for the last five years. Stripped of all context, they are quite strange/funny/sad accordingly. Randomly selected highlights include:
- £40 million? It's peanuts. The government probably spends that in a day on traffic cones.
- I can feel my mind beginning to dislodge itself.
- I've still got that sachet of wet towels from the Turkish restaurant.
- She said she's going to mum's for Christmas and dad's for Boxing Day.
- Your rucksack is full of string.
He's also written a book; I think I may have to check it out:Update: Alex & Kat already had it so they have very kindly lent it to me (unread too!)