Friday 17 August 2007

I'm Just A Lush

OMFG - this could absolutely 1000% so easily be me:


"...is about indie bands. Proper indie bands from the later 1980s and early 1990s. When indie bands were real indie bands, and when they released their music on big lumps of vinyl; like God intended."

Of the 27 bands currently on the site, I own 9 CDs, 12 vinyl LPs, 17 12" vinyl EPs and 4 limited edition coloured vinyl 7"s. I have also seen live gigs from Dr Phibes (forgettable), World Of Twist (mental), Teenage Fanclub (amazing), Jesus Jones (overrated), Ride (noisy), New FADs (moody) and Ned's Atomic Dustbin (silly) as well as the wonderful Lush, from whom lead-singer Miki signed my T-shirt (much to the chagrin of my friends on the night, who had to wait for me hanging round the side of the Newcastle Mayfair stage like a lovesick puppy until the diminutive Japanese/Hungarian beauty found her magic marker...)

Now, bring on The Wedding Present, please...

3 comments:

  1. Fancy going to see the Weddos?

    I'm thinking of dusting off my gig going personallity and seeing them in October.

    It's been nearly 20 years since I last saw them - which is scary - but I still get a thrill from listening to Bizzaro.

    Now if The Pooh Sticks were to make a come back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're talking! Wednesday 31st any good? All together now, "Brrrrrassneckkk!"

    ReplyDelete