Friday 30 April 2010

Titter

If you're not on Twitter, you're missing out on a plethora of stand-ups and comedy writers testing out material on a willing and discerning audience - for nothing! Graham Linehan, Armando Iannucci, Chris Addison, Richard Herring (to name but a tiny few) all regularly lob out 140-character morsels of mirth. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't; sometimes they're topical, sometimes they're utterly random, but on a good day it's like a free, endless, online Comedy Store open mike night.

One who I hadn't even heard of until earlier this year is Gary Delaney; master of the throwaway one-liner and with a show at Edinburgh later this year. Here's some of his recent tweets which have grabbed me; YMMV :)
  • I could tell it was a Monopoly board from the word go.
  • Should depressed gravediggers just throw themselves into their work?
  • Tried to get a refund on my Arctic Animals playset; they refused as I'd already broken the seal.
  • I like to think I'm the best at wasting paper, by quite a large margin.
  • Currently watching 'V'. Will it still make sense if i haven't see I to IV?
  • If anybody steals my identity, at least I’ll know who to look for.
And so on. Worth a 'follow' if you like a mid-morning chuckle with your coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment