Monday 28 April 2008

Mathematically...

...Arsenal can still win the Premiership title if we beat Derby tonight!! However, it would subsequently require the unlikely combination of the following outcomes:
a) Manchester United get only one point from the last two games:
West Ham (h), Wigan (a)

b) Chelsea get only one or two points from the last two games:
Newcastle (a), Bolton (h)

c) Arsenal get six points from the last two games:
Everton (h), Sunderland (a)
We would then win the title by a point from Man Utd and by a point or on goal difference from Chelsea.

Ah, I can but dream (and think about all those drawn games in February and March :)

2 comments:

  1. Actually Man Utd can also take two points but then we would have to score over sixteen goals in these last three games. I know tonight is Derby, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't like to call it, I really wouldn't. Obviously, my natural pessimism has us having a shocking final fortnight and coming in third and booted out of the CL on Weds.

    I could cope with coming third, but losing the home record to Livermin. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete